Soap Cap/ Bleach bath

I have colored my hair a dark/medium brown color and just want it a little lighter, like maybe a light brown. I was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly how to do a soap cap? Like, the mixing ratio, whats a good kind of shampoo to use with it, etc.? I wanna do the kind of soap cap that you mix bleach powder, 20 vol developer, shampoo, and conditioner because I think it would be less damaging. I just don't know the ratio lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 5:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You would be best Googling it.

I was under the impression that in order to lighten colored hair without it becoming brassy, you actually had to strip the color and then re-dye. Hope you find what you're looking for :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:53 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Oh, I plan on re-coloring after I lift the color lol. I just won't be able to achieve the results I want without lifting it a level or so first.
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 7:05 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• omg..a little knowledge is not always a good thing. good luck with this endeavor!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• confusedI'm not sure what you mean. I learned this in beauty school, I just don't remember the mixing ratio. I know what I'm doing. Just was wondering if anyone knew or had any opinions.

tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 8:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• what brand of color did you use? what vol of developer? what level was your hair color before? what level is it now?
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 4:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I used Miss Clairol from Sally's with vol 20. My hair before was probably a level 4 with highlights. Now, its probably a level 2. Maybe a 3 when it's completely dry.
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2011