Netflix?

My dh and I are looking at saving money. I am locked into a 24 month contract with my cable company so I cant do completely away with them without it going on my credit. I can however let go of channels and lower my bill to $109 a mth (includes net, phone too). My question is those with Netflix is it worth it? And how difficult is it?

My husband does not want it. He says we would have to hook up the cable box to the PS3 or Xbox and that it would be a pain in the butt. He says he would have to disconnect his computer and all this? How do you hook it up so it wont interfere with the other devices?

Asked by gemgem at 7:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Entertainment

• We stream the instant movies through our PS3. Seeing as the PS3 was already hooked up to our entertainment system, and we have a wireless router, it was as simple as making sure the ps3 had access to the router, then downloading netflix. There was no cable fiddling at all, beyond the initial hookup of the game system when we got it. And it shouldn't interfere with your other devices at all. I love my netflix, so I think it's totally worth it. And for the movies I can't watch instantly (which is the new releases, mostly) I get the 1 at a time movie in the mail.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Well, you don't have to hook the cable box to the system. You just need a wireless router.

IMO netflix is worth it. We have the very basic streaming only-no disc plan for about 8 a month and have hundreds of movies and shows to choose from. Including anything being played on Starz. My kids watch Kia-Lan, Phineas and Ferb and even I-Carly. I get to watch Bones, Desperate Housewives and Scrubs. They have movies from Up to Paranormal activity. It works for us!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• if the ps3 is hooked up to the tv already then no you dont have to do anything but download netflix to it and then when its downloaded just select it from your ps3. EASY and deffinetly worth it!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have mine streamed through the Wii. I've been a member for years and only recently switched to watch instantly only. For 7.99, it can't be beat. Like you, I'm also locked into a cable contract but I'm considering getting rid of my cable and just keeping the Netflix.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You can do the good old-fashioned mailed Netflix if he doesn't want to fiddle with the electronics.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 7:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• its easy...u can have just dvds emailed to u.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 7:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I get my netflix in the mail. The family loves when the new movie comes in the mail.
    vmdavis

Answer by vmdavis at 7:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Ours is hooked up to the TV but we cant download to it without hooking up the internet to it? We do have a wireless router though? I guess I must be missing something lol.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 7:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• TY evies! I think I can figure it out now. Thats what I was wondering how to get it hooked up to the wireless.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 7:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2011