Nesting Question

I am 31w 5d pregnant and am just waiting for my nesting instinct to kick in. I have so much stuff I need to get ready before the baby gets here and I just feel way too tired to do any of it. When I was pregnant with my son I started nesting before my third trimester. I feel like I'm being lazy lol. When did everyone else start nesting?

expecting girl   toddler boy

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 7:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some women never do lol. My "nesting" was not really like so many I heard about. Mine involved extreme shopping and buying things for the babies.

Answer by gemgem at 7:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I've had 3 pregnancies. With my DS (my oldest), it kicked in in like the second trimester. lol. With my ODD, it was early 3rd trimester. With YDD, it didn't kick in til 38 weeks. lol. It wasn't so much that I got lazy, but I got worn out so easily trying to keep up with young children and being pregnant (my kids are almost 4, almost 3, and just turned 1).
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It was towards the end. I was painting and decorating a couple weeks before the bad came. The night I went into labor, was the same night we completely finished the room. It's almost as if he decided "Ok my room is done. I'm ready now!" lol
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 7:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• oops I meant baby :)
    amberdawnbarr

• With my 1st I started packing my hospital bag very early, lol.  I had everything ready.  Then the day before I went into labor I decided to redo everything.  NOTHING was ready when my contractions kicked in and I definitely got a good dose of the "nesting" instinct then, lol.  Right now, I feel it kicking in.  Due in a little over a week with my 4th.  So I have to get 3 kids ready to go and prepare for the one on the way.  It's such an exciting time!  I don't feel lazy for not doing it sooner though, us mamas need some slack!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I actually never did with my first, with our second I did about six weeks out.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• with my first I did weeks in advance..
    my second, I went through one day of it here and there in my last trimester, but keeping up with my toddler and being so large I rarely had the energy to really go through nesting like I did with my first. I seriously didn't hit it really until my water broke and I started to rush to get everything ready lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think it is way different with your second because you are more tired from chasing around after your other kids. I'm 33 weeks and have been feeling it just now. I'm starting to freakout about getting the nursery ready and have been cleaning alot.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011