Kids on their "days off"

I really think this is some sort of child conspiracy happening in my household, maybe world wide? My kids are out of school today and on normal school days I am begging them to get out of bed and having to really get them to wake up. Today they are off and were all up at 6:30am! LOL I knew this was going to happen. It happens every time.

Anyone else have the problem?

Asked by gemgem at 7:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• All the time, drives me crazy. I suspected we would have a snowday but did not mention it to the boys hoping they would just assume it was a school day and sleep late. NO, youngest one up and out of bed BEFORE 6-never ever happens on a school day.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Without fail- the weekends are the worst though.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Lol. My son goes to preschool, and I always have to wake him up at 8 on his school days. When he's off, he's up right when the sun comes up.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 7:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yes it still happens in my house. Not as much anymore because I have teenagers and they stay up later although it does still happen sometimes.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Not really. My kids are always up before me, even on school days. They get up around 7am most days. I get up around 7:30 on school days and sleep in on weekends. My son (9) always comes in to get the baby and they take care of him until I get up (or he starts throwing a fit wanting his diaper changed and they are too busy fighting over who will do it...3 of them now know how). It's kind of nice.
    My 8yo and 5yo daughters are both morning people and will get up with the sun. But all of my kids have known since they were toddlers that if they get up they can turn on the TV and quietly watch. My older kids are 10, 9 and 8 and they have been getting their own breakfast since the oldest was 5 so they don't need to bother me in the morning.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2011