Labor?

39 weeks and 1 day,i woke up with back pain and some really bad pelvic pain.is labor starting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doctor and explain the symptoms. They may want you to come in to check.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Could be. My labor started as back labor. Call the doctor. Good Luck!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Maybe, maybe not. :) There are so many new pains the last few weeks. Relax as much as is possible, get some rest, drink plenty of water, and keep waiting!! I had labor for about 3 weeks (not Braxton Hicks) before he was born. The pains were enough to wake me up at night and make me uncomfortable, but that was about it.

Hang in there!! Maybe today, and maybe in two weeks!!!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It could be starting but those feelings are pretty common this far along in pregnancy. You might call you care provider and give them a heads up if you want but I wouldn't go into the hospital just to be checked. Dilation really means nothing and vaginal checks can disrupts your labor and puts you at risk for infection. My advice is to just go about your day and finish up any nesting and preparing for the baby. If you start getting consistent contractions that get longer and stronger thats a good indication real labor is starting.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• time it, when they are less than 8 mins apart call your doctor.. but make sure they are consistant. if they are irregular then they are probably braxton hicks.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011