D you have a big family compared to your husband or boyfriend?

My family is bigger than my husbands....

shelle21

Asked by shelle21 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Depends how you look at it. My husband is an only child, so am I. But I am Latina, and our family is very large and close knit, where his is not so much. He also came into our marriage as a step dad and I had children from a previous marriage, so my family was already bigger in that way too.

Answer by gemgem at 8:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• His is bigger than mine... and I'm the baby of 6!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• As for siblings....no. He's the oldest of 4 and I'm the baby of 4. As for cousins and such....yup. My mom is one of 9, my dad one of 5. Just my aunts, uncles and first cousins....we number over 100! And most of us in the same town or within 2 hours.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have 2 siblings, he has 5.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes, and sometimes I am glad that I moved away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• He has 3 siblings, I have 4 - so it's very comparable. I love it!

Answer by missanc at 8:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think they're about the same size. My family just seems bigger to me because we're much more close knit and involved with each other than his family is. But we both have one sibling (sisters), and maybe the same amount of aunts/uncles/cousins? It's hard to say because there's a lot of his family members that I've never met.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No, my husband has four other sibilings and a ton of cousins that he grew up with. I have one adopted brother and never bonded with any of my cousins so my family is pretty small.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Well, we're both only children. But if you're talking extended family, yeah, my family is bigger. I have tons of cousins, most of whom are married and have kids of their own, plus second cousins, aunts, uncles, and so on. We practically need our own state to have a family reunion. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2011