Do you and your husband fight over stupid things?

Some times my husband nit picks just to fight. I try to ignore him but it gets on my nerves. How do I prevent my anger getting involved?

shelle21

Asked by shelle21 at 8:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I think every husband/wife fight over stupid things. It's just that 'normally' fighting over stupid things is just a cover for something bigger. I would ask your husband next time he's nic pickin' "Is there something wrong?" Or maybe say "I see that something is bothering you, and I don't want to fight, so when you calm down, then we'll talk about what's wrong" Could shock him enough to shut up. LOL
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• When I can tell that he is just in the mood to fight, I just avoid talking to him too much. I figure, he can't fight a one sided argument.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Pretend it doesnt bother you. My ex used to do that and Id pretend I wasnt catching on to what he was doing, then Id leave with the kids to do something (park, groceries lol).

Answer by gemgem at 8:11 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Define stupid.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My husband and I rarely fight. I can count on one hand the times we have fought in the last five years - and every one of those stems from my MIL coming for an unannounced extended visit. The stress level she brings into our home is crazy. Thankfully, she's convinced she's allergic to pet hair now and can't spend the night. I LOVE my cat!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• DH refuses to argue, fight, or bicker. He's a turd lol. He will say he doesn't agree and walk off. I don't think we have fought in years. We try really hard to make each other happy and compromise a lot.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No, most of the time when we fight, it's over something fairly important. Usually directly related to our relationship. Some of our fights have started because of something stupid, but we end up getting to the real issue pretty quickly, so it's really not fighting over something stupid.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011