How many of you have an STD?

How have you dealt with dating new men? When did you tell them? How did they take it? How has it effected you? I obviously expect most of the replies to be anonymous as it is really no ones business, but I was wondering if anoy other women have had smiliar experiences to my own....i have herpes, but the only outbreak i have ever had was the initial one about 2 years ago....my current man took it well, saying "well, that's all you had to say" and grabbing a condom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• I have HPV, as do a ton of other women...they just don't realize it. I didn't know I had it until I was already married with 3 kids so it didn't affect me any.
    Anonymous

• When I was 3 months pregnant with my daughter I tested positive for Clymidia. I was very upset but luckily it is treatable. My daughters father swore up and down it wasnt from him so he refused to take the antibiotic and we broke up....I took it and tested negative...We got back together and I asked the dr to test me again just to be safe and i got a positive...Then he finally took the antibiotic but then it was to late. We were done. And I have been negative since.
    Anonymous

• i'm the op...i too have HPV....i didnt even think to include it because as you said, it is so common...but it has cause issues for me and i have had to have biopsies done.....not fun at all!
    Anonymous

• I can honestly say I have never had an STD in my life and I am checked. I do feel bad for the women who have contracted any kind of STD although I have no idea what they are going through
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 9:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• my ex came home from being in Okinawa for a year. He gave me gonnorrhea. I was never so pissed in my whole life. I did get even though. I got the house, the car the kids and half his retirement check
    Anonymous

• i personally don't have one, but has a friend that has herpes. not 2 bad mouth the military, bc my hubby is in one of the branches, but she contrated it from someone in a branch. however, she is now engaged 2 a very wonderful guy and having her first baby, my "niece" in sept/oct.
    ireshgurl

Answer by ireshgurl at 10:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i had a s.t.d. before,twice when i was much younger....what a lesson to learn....i had clymidta and gonnorrhea which also lead to (pid)pelvic inflamatory diease. it's been over 10 years and i've never tested pos.agian...and i moved on from my previous relationship.when i told the neww guy he was happy i told him and never brought it up agian
    Anonymous

• being in the military has absolutely nothing to do with having an std or not.
    Anonymous

• i have HPV - don't know where I got it, but it cost me a good chunk of my uterus!
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i had or have hpv. only had symptoms 3-4 times since i got it 15 years ago. only had one abnormal pap because of it. also, i got herpes from my hubby. not because he cheated but because he gets cold sores on his lips and well ya know. it can be spread that way. only had one outbreak though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2008