is it ok for my baby to be awake all day?

he is almost a month old and doesnt want to take a nap during the day. he is awake and wants to eat all the time and be held but at night he will sometimes go 6 hours until he wakes up to eat. im wondering if he is just developing early or is something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Now that you've published the schedule, he'll change it. **grin**

Don't worry about it. As long as you're changing enough dipes, you're fine.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Well, I have to say that a lot of mom's would beg to trade schedules! Some babies much older than that are still feeding through the night. if he's eating good and isn't too fussy, I would just be blessed with it!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I think if someone told me that in person I would probably smack them! LOL Just kidding. I was not that fortunate. Anyway, I wouldn't worry. As long as your baby continues to grow and you are changing the right amount of diapers then don't worry.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 10:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I wouldn't worry either. My baby is the same way he's really alert and likes to be awake all the time except at night, and he still woke up every 4 hours. He did not sleep throughout the day and he was starting to get fussy. So now I put him in his bed and leave him there. He will eventually fall asleep and though he hasn't changed his 4 hour night schedule I can at least get a break during the day. He associates his bed with sleep because that's the only time we put him in there and we don't put him in there to play. So if he lays there long enough he'll fall asleep. Maybe you could try something like that. Your baby could also be going through a growth spurt and just want to be nursing a lot more. My son did that for 2 weeks wanting to eat every 2 hours.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I had the hardest time with my DD, she wouldn't never want to sleep during the day. There was to much action at hour house for her to sleep other than a 30 min cat nap. Uggg, It drove me crazy. It all changes so quickly. I wasn't used to having her sleep so long during the night without eating. I thought she should be eating more. Don't worry before you know it will all change again. We never know what tonight will bring, even now that she is 14 mths. She sleeps better when I am not in the room. Sometimes I nurse her if she is feeling sick, or teething, but that all it takes is one time to blow her schedule, again.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 11:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My son had been sleeping all through the night since we came home. He's just fine, my dr. said don't wake him up to feed him if he is hungry he will wake up on his own and he does at 7a every morning exactly. I get up at 6 so I can be showered and dressed for work by the time he is hungry. It's nice so enjoy it, my bff isn't so lucky her daughter is 10mo and still won't sleep through the night.
    Daxsmommy08

Answer by Daxsmommy08 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2008