What age was your child when they were baptized?

My son is being baptized on Sunday. He's 18 months old and I worried he is going to throw a fit when it happens. I waited to have him baptized so that he and his cousin could share this special moment. How old where you children?

amberdawnbarr

Asked by amberdawnbarr at 8:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mine were both around a month old. I have been to a couple of christenings of toddlers. They didn't like it much but the dad held them and moved quickly when the minister was ready to pour the water. So, it wasn't too bad and don't forget that most people attending expect little problems. GL and congrats!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it ... just watch America's Funniest Videos to see some of the things that happen at baptisms. When it comes to kids, ALWAYS count on the unexpected.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Don't worry about it, our 2yo grandson threw a huge fit. It's bound to happen. It's even expected at that age. Although even at 1 month our daughter screamed her head off for about a minute. All will be fine and congratulations ahead of time.

daps

Answer by daps at 8:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Thank you so much! I'm very excited about this day :)
    amberdawnbarr

Comment by amberdawnbarr (original poster) at 8:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• he hasn't been. he's 6 in 26 days. he'll be baptised when he is old enough to decide that he wants to be.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• They were all between 2-4 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2011