• In the Spotlight:

Do Your Kids Drink Coffee?

Do you place any rules or restrictions on your kids drinking coffee if they want to? I've never had a problem with it and all 4 of my kids love coffee but none of them drinks any soda at all.

MommaKath1975

Asked by MommaKath1975 at 8:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It's my 10yo I worry about, my dad let's him drink coffee when he is over there and Sam LOVES it! I don't let him have it here. After 15 I am not so concerned (I don't know why, it is pretty arbitrary). I Started drinking coffee at 14 (at band camp). I only have 1 other kid that loves coffee and she doesn't live here anymore. My 18yo loves the smell of coffee but hates the taste so she will make anytime I ask ;0)
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Only my oldest whose 21 drinks coffee like I do. The other kids have never been into it.

Answer by gemgem at 8:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Once in a while. My kids don't like plain coffee, they like it with creamer and oodles of sugar. It's the oodles of sugar that makes me limit their intake.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yea mine don't put sugar in theirs, I'd have a problem with too much sugar too.
    MommaKath1975

Comment by MommaKath1975 (original poster) at 8:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• my son has half a cup or so in the morning...he has a REALLY hard time getting up

my daughter onlyhas it once in awhile
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No, he is only 5 so I wouldn't let him even if he wanted to. I don't like it either though so he isn't around it much.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My DD 6 years old tells his dad he wants some coffee and that him and mom get it all the time at Starbucks, but I actually get him hot chocolate lol he just calls it coffe :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My 13yo DD drinks coffee occasionally. Half a cup, with milk and too much sugar. That's why she only gets it occasionally.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 9:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• the girls (teenagers) drink the fancy stuff from like star bucks or dutch brothers but the dont like plain coffee , and the way i limit is they have to pay for it themselves so they only get about one a month, and ds is only 9 and doesnt ask
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My 5 year old LOVES it...I mean, obviously I would have to be crazy to give a 5 year old coffee,but grandma will! OMG. She needs to stop that!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2011