Freaking out

i was carrying my son when some liquid started dripping on my foot i thought that it was him i didnt even know that it was me it wasnt much at all what could it have been

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• you might have lost some bladder control. if you are far enough along take a trip to L&D and find out if you cant tell still
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• im 32 weeks and i just got done peeing and i didnt feel anything come out either
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If it isn't a lot and doesn't continue, I wouldn't be worried about it. You can get small tears and leak fluid, but your body will repair the tear. Unless it continues to increase or gush, just relax!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would lie down and see if it continues. They say the baby can kind of act like a "cork" when you are standing.

Otherwise, you might just have peed a little.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If it were me and I knew that I hadn't peed myself, I would call the doctor just to be safe. I of course would try to make sure that it was coming out vaginally and if it was, I wouldn't wait it out I would just go in. 33 weeks is pretty early still and the doctor will want to know what is going on. How much fluid are we talking about?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• 32 weeks* sorry hit the wrong key
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• it wasnt much at all just a few drops like 10
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Hmm...I would call the doctor and tell him or her what happened. They then can determine if it is in fact your water. This happened to my friend at 26 weeks...they put her on bedrest until she was farther along. All she had was that small trickle, but that small trickle can end up with your water breaking.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• it could be water, it could be your mucus plug, etc. just call your doctor to be sure, it might be nothing, but better save than sorry.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2011