Postpartum depression

Did u have postpartum depression, if so, how bad and for how long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did not, but my cousin did. It lasted for several months and she was under a doctor's care.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Pretty sure I did and lasted about a month, I just busted into tears for no reason, but its possible it could've been from lack of sleep :) DD is now 2 1/2 months and it seems to be better, but she's also sleeping through the night, woohoo!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had it. I was put on meds when DS was about 9 weeks old, and stayed on them until he was about 7 months old. I didnt want anything to do with my son before I got treated. It sounds bad, and I feel and felt awful about it. I took care of him because I had to. My marriage almost ended because DH didnt really understand. I thought about committing suicide. DH was deployed, and I was all he had. I am pregnant again with our second kid, and my drs seem to think that my ppd was mainly circumstantial because dh deployed, i moved across the country, and my mom had an aggressive form of cancer. I couldnt sleep, I didnt eat. I was a zombie.

This time we know what to look for. I still feel like I'm not who I was before PPD. But I have a LOT more good days than bad days now and I havent been on meds in about a year.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Never had it. Talk to your doctor!
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had it with 1dd. It was horrible! The thing that helped was my step dad would take her for a few hours after he got home every day.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011