Terrified of having a baby come out of me! Were you?

This my first baby and I am terrified of having a baby come out of me. I have been trying not to think about it but its pretty hard not to.

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You might be terrified, until the moment comes and you see your perfect angel :) You will do just fine, just remember to push hard :) I wasn't scared with our 2nd one until I was at my 39 week appt and the doctor just looks at us and says, "you want to have a baby today?!" OMG she said it just like that, I think my heart skipped a few beats lol.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Sweetie I am pregnant with my 4th child and I'm still terrified even though I know what to expect.  Think STRONG.  Focus on that.  I think for the most part, our minds are always our biggest enemy when it comes to having babies.  Your body was made to do this and you will do AWESOME! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was somewhat. I didn't know what to except or how bad it was going to hurt or anything. I took a birthing class and prepared myself as much as I could with what could happen. I feel better the more information I have.

In the end, I kept telling myself that my body was made to do this. And in the end, the labor was NOTHING compared to the feeling of holding my son in my arms for the first time.

Good luck!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I figured if millions of women before me had gotten through it I would too! Never worried much. The birthing classes we attended helped a lot. Ended up having c-section, though.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes I was SOO scared!! The 2nd one I was even more scared because they induced me the first time and it was a nightmare. Turned out I didnt need to worry with the 2nd one because it was SOO easy the 2nd time around. Try not to worry yourself. Women have been having baby's FOREVER and we all survived the process. You will to!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes, I was very afraid. I took a birthing class that focused mainly on natural birthing and that helped, but I was still scared. Ultimately I ended up just having to look at it as something that I had no choice in, it's not like I could keep the bun in the oven forever, lol. And billions of babies have been birthed, so if they can do it, so could I!
    (Unfortunately, I wound up having a c-section due to dangerous health issues *shrugs*)
    You'll be FINE!!! :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• im going through the same thing! ahhh lol thats what i feel like inside:(( im pregnant with my first and its something i cannot not think about! i hope everything goes well for you! but if everything goes okay and is looking up during the pregnancy , then just like my doc said i should be fine and if i get the meds then i wont feel a thing but if i dont then if i just concentrate then ill be okay to!
    amberpowell

Answer by amberpowell at 8:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was, the first time. By the 3rd time, I was excited about it because it was kind of fun.

What helped me, and I went htrough all the fear and "I have no choice" thoughts, was that a lot of people, for a lot of reasons, told me I'd have an easy labor. My mother told me how she was calm and cleaned the house during the first hour of her 3 hour labor. Because I thought it'd be easy and I'd do well since everybody was telling me, it really helped in my 4 hour (but they almost used the vacuum) labor. Once I knew I could do it, labors were even faster and easier.

I am totally convinced that horror stories make us panic and make it worse, and being told or convinced we can do it makes everything go smoother
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Had 4 babies. Was scared for each one of them. However, the wonderful thing about child birth, (besides the obvious, which is having that sweet little angel) is that afterwards, you remember that there was pain, but you can't remember how it felt. Or at least that's how it was for me. And in the end it's all worth it!!! Just try to focus on the pos.!! How it's gonna feel to hold your little one in your arms, and how beautiful they will be, and try not to worry!! Congrats by the way, it's a wonderful journey that you are about to take!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I wasn't terrified, I was nervous but when the time came I was so focused on getting him out I didn't have time to be terrified and I think the same will happen with you, your body is gonna take over and get to the point where you're not in control anymore, I was at a point where I couldn't stop pushing and couldn't control it my body was doing it by itself so trust me you're gonna do fine
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2011