Do u know any thing about lung cancer, how to deal with it? is there any cure other than chemicals

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

• Radiation, Chemo and surgery are the only cures I know of. How it's treated depends on which type of lung cancer it is, and how advanced it is. Many many people survive it today.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Chemo, radiation, & surgery are treatments. I was just reading that 40% of people who get it can be cured and live longer. Google it and you will see lots of links. Two of my relatives died from it because it spread to other parts of their body before they even knew they had it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• There are no "Natural" cures to lung cancer. Radiation, Chemo, Surgery.....those are the options.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I agree with pps. My grandmother has lung cancer and they are doing chemo and radiation.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• The comments above are right.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No. Lung cancer will most definitely kill you without chemo and radiation. Good news is that treatment is getting better and better. Life expectancy and remission rates are much more favorable than in the past.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• my dad took chemo and radiation what they do not tell you is the radiation messes you up he got to where it was hard for him to swallow. I cannot say anything about the remissions etc because everyone in my family who had lung cancer lost their battles :( hopefully there are others out there with more encouraging news then i can give.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It is certainly survivable if caught early. Surgery, radiation and chemotherapy are all options, depending on location and how advanced the cancer is. I would always get a second opinion if you are concerned about treatment options.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 1:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I honestly don't know. Have you tried searching online?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'm not sure. My aunt was just diagnosed with lung cancer yesterday. :(
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2011