What type of carseat or booster would you recommend?

My oldest son will be five in a month. He is tall and skinny (not yet 40 lbs). His seat is about to expire and I need somethings new!

Proudnerd

Asked by Proudnerd at 8:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maxi Cosi,Britax
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i wouldnt recommend a booster unless he is 100% booster trained.
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 9:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have the basic high back booster it is from Graco and what you you really need to do is think about your car and look at the high back part where the shoulder strap goes and think about how easy it would be to thread your auto's shoulder strap through that part, I hope this makes sense but some highback boosters and the shoulder strap have issues and aren't always easy to work with at least that is what my expirence has been.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• We ended up with backless Turbo Boosters. I looked at other seats but they didn't fit right in my vehicle.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Graco Nautilus. I have my 5 year old in his with a 5-point harness (he will be 6 in June) and I also have my 8 year old (will be 9 in June) in his as a high back booster. They are solid seats that fit great in the car and the kids like them. They each have a nice sturdy cup holder and two cubby spots in the arm rests.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Two Sugars what do you mean by booster trained?
    Proudnerd

Comment by Proudnerd (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Booster trained means they can sit right in a booster100% of the time. Check out the car seat safety group for more info and they can give long lasting options for seats too
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 11:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011