So my s/o and i have been together for three years knowing each other for five. we both met w/previous daughters in which they have known each other since preschool. we now have a son together, so for the past month or two everytime at night when we close our door my daughter wakes up in the middle of the nights beating on our door saying that she wants our door open NOW and to not close it again,

i mean she does this for hours!! screaming why cant i be single, she doesnt like him. the thing is she is okay any other time. any suggestions?

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• how old is this girl?
    from what she's doing sounds like she doesn't like the idea of you having any private time. Is her room next to yours? you may be louder than you realize and she may object to having to hear the details of your love life. don't assume that you are being as quiet as you think.

maybe provide her with a headset of some kind so she can block out the sound.

in either case, if this girl is 9-12 seems like whether or not she cares for the idea of you two together, it's probably time to teach her that the banging on the door is unacceptable. I guess if all else fails, keep the door open and take your romantic time to another place like the laundry room or what not, could actually spice things up a bit! You say she does this for hours, any way that maybe you can put on headsets or the like to ignore her? I'm sure it must be hard, but that might be a option too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• UMM not to alarm you but I would suggest abuse. I was the same way when my moms boyfriend decided to be more than a daddy figure. ask her about it, without him being around. trust your daughter and never pick a man over her, like my mom did to me..
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Tell her to knock it off. that's rude, it doesn't matter if she likes him or not, you're sleeping!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It's not okay for her to think she can rule your life. If she has issues with your boyfriend, talk about it while everyone's awake. But you should enact serious consequences for the midnight screaming and banging on the door. That's rude and disrespectful.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 9:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Talk to your daughter privately about it. There may be more going on than you know about....
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• this may seem strange but have you stop to think that maybe she is concerned your going to have another baby.........i dont know how old you son is but you posted this in the 9-12 age range so i am asumming she has been an only child for a long time and now has to deal with another kid taking her place.......you might have a talk about how the baby isnt replacing her and weather or not you plan on having more kids............
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• you should sit her down and find out what is going on with her. if she is upset over him then maybe they should try to work on there relationship .like play a game,dressup,video game and so on. it depends on her age what to do ya know. my husbend is a manly man but he will sit down and play pretend food and barbies with his girls . poor thing we have 3 girls and no boys :-( she has to understand now that this can not and will not go on !!! i had the same problem with my 6 year old .when she was a baby she sleep in our room when she got to be about 2-3 we moved her to her own room she would cry come in our room and so on . we both had to sit down and talk to her , there are children books you can get her to help her understand to new surrounding. new baby,new school,new parent and so on. we got our lil girl a book on becomeing a big girl . i started reading to her everynight before bed and it helpd alot
    wendyandjeremy

Answer by wendyandjeremy at 9:14 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It maybe a control thing but you have to rule out abuse first. Talk to her ask her why and maybe find a theapist that both of you can talk to together. I have to say this scare me alittle something is not right she is asking for help.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• why is everyone pointing to abuse and such ? this is crazy the girl didnt mention anything about that could be going on .if so then i think the lil girl should be checked by a doctor . this is alil one who is probaly upset over the new baby !!!!!!
    wendyandjeremy

Answer by wendyandjeremy at 9:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I remember a previous post. Please do not bring another baby into this until you get things straightened out with your daughter!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2011