Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get people to buy Avon?

... I hand out brochures to people, but I'm never quite sure what to say to them... is it good enough to just hand them a book? It was for me before I started selling I'm just not getting very many responses.

mrsvedaj

Asked by mrsvedaj at 9:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• You need confidence. Do you wear it? You need to dress professionally and wear the make up and make a statement with it. MAKE people notice it. If you do this, people will approach you and ask "OMG what make up do you use??" Then you give them a brouchure and your name and number and be friendly. Offer to show them what you can do for them. Offer a mini makeover! See if you can get samples to hand out. There's a book called "How to win friends and influence people" that will REALLY help! If you want more tips, email me.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 9:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i dont sell avon, but do have 2 other IBO businesses - it is best to find out what your clients are really interested in and educate yourself on the products. follow up is everything - what is the worst thing they will say No - it is just a word -
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 10:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• These girls say it all lol I totally agree! You need to use the products to sell them! That's such a huge plus!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Think about this: Who do you know that wheres Avon? Who do you know that purchases Avon? The only people I know who where or purchase Avon are ladies over 65. So try retirement communities. Leave samples and books on every door. Type out a nice letter about how they can order over the phone. Or using the computer in the community room. Or how you would be happy to come by and make a personal visit. Or you will be in every Friday afternoon. There is always a receptionist, give her free stuff, let her order at your discount. Doing that will make her want to collect your orders for you. The little old ladies don't have to be there on Friday at 4 to give you their order they can just leave it with the receptionist who is more than happy to take the little slips and collect the checks because she knows you are going to bring her her favorite eye liner.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 12:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• BTW what is your website, I want to order that piggy bank jar the counts the money. Feel free to post it here, I don't think CM will delete the post since I asked for the link.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 12:11 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Have you tryed going into a little office? I am in my 6th campain and I always get ladys from those kind of places. You know like a law office, or incurence place? They are more then willing to take your books. And have always called me the next day! I call them my GOLD MINES! Try it out I know it will work for you too. Good Luck! Avon is a wonderful job. Even when I dont have sales I still LOVE it! Everyone cant order every campain. So Yes there will be times when all you can put in for orders are your books. Thats just the way it is with Avon. If you dont LOVE what you do and show that you LOVE what you do, No one is going to want to get anything from you. Show them that your excited about what you do and they to will get excited!
    beautifulmom577

Answer by beautifulmom577 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Honestly, I don't think there's much you could do. I have used their products and I do like some of them but they don't stand out any more than products I've tried from Mary Kay or others. I've never understood having to buy a product, any product, through a rep unless there was something truly remarkable or different about that particular product and that's never really been the case for me.

I find Avon brochures in my mailbox from neighbors, on my desk from co-workers, etc. and all I ever do is pitch them in the trash. I agree with a previous poster that it seems it's the gray-haired ladies that gravitate towards Avon products.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• offer an incentive if they order a certain dollar amount. like if they order $50 worth of products they get a $10 gift card to wal-mart or something like that.

discount some items. you might lessen your profit, but you will get people to buy and that will expand your customer base.

you may need to tailor certain products to certain age groups. offer a young adult package and a mature package that highlights products those group would like. don't just hand them a book with all the products in it. too much to look though...

haphazardly, leave your card, coupon, or a flyer on a bus or public transportation. people read everything on a bus just to stay busy.

make sure your contact info name, phone, and website is on all of your products and flyers. make sure people know they can order from you website anytime.
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2008