I need help really bad, a kind word, and some advice please....

Since I moved I've tried getting medical through the state for my pregnancy. I got all of my part of the paperwork done. I had to apply for unemployment and all that. My husband just had to have his bosses fill out a paper stating how many hours he works and how much he's paid. Here I am, my baby is born, a little over two weeks old, and he STILL hasn't done it!!!! They gave us til the end of Nov and here it is!!! He complains that he has NO time to do it cuz he works so much.. Uh.. he gets off work at ONE pm!!! Then he invites his nasty friend over and they play video games til 9pm. What am I supposed to do?? Having a baby is expensive and now we're going to pay cuz he wouldn't get his stuff done. My ob/gyn is billing US and now so is the hospital. Not to mention our baby has NO insurance either... I'm so freakin stressed. Here he is in front of me, playing the playstation with his ugly ass friend....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• With a new baby, I'd guess the video games is going to stop (what guy wants to come over hearing a baby wailing). I'd take the paperwork myself (you'll have to get someone to drive tho). You can fill out a lot of stuff online, fax and they can even do over the phone interviews. Call and see about faxing the stuff in and then mailing original copy.
    Good luck to you all :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Wow, it may be to late since the baby is here but I would get on his ass to see if anything can be done.

Ps I saw the first time you posted this and I won't say who you are shhhh.
    Anonymous

• maybe he embaressed of something?whatever it is he needs to get his but in gear, there no reason you should have to pay all of the bills, and its important to get the baby the insurance.kick his ugly friend out, and tell your "man"to grow up. sorry biut your troubles hun, hope it gets better.MEN SUCK
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Well, u child still can get Medicaid no matter weather the babys dad fills out those papers or not... Just take the papers there and say that the dad moved out... and u need to have a talk with him and make sure that he starts taking care of his child.....
    Anonymous

• Thank you first anon... I love my husband and he's a good man, I just don't want anyone to think bad of him just because I'm mad at him and he's made a mistake...
    Anonymous

• actually i am pretty sure that if you seriously get on his ass about this and he gets it done then they will cover your pregnancy....good luck hun

p.s. tell him to stop being lazy!!! lol oh and your baby can still be on medicaid. hey have you tried WIC?its a freaking lifesaver!!!! i save like 120 dollars on formula a month cuz they give me 9 cans. and i dont need extra.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• OH no worries. I wouldn't judge but we understand that others will. Like the other poster said try medicaid. I wish I had more advice, HUGS

Anonymous

• if i were you i would take it up there myself and ask them to fill it out for you because its really important.
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Sorry about your hubby. Congrats did you have a boy or a girl?

Love,
    MIchelle
    hopingforanange

Answer by hopingforanange at 11:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Is your hubby young? Mine did the same thing and really it was immaturity and him trying to cope with having to grow up really quick. (Not to say that he isnt a great man, but men adjust differently then women do and sometimes this dragging the feet thing isnt personal or that they are lazy but a sign of immaturity.) State medical insurance (med cal in california) covers retro three months back. You are going to have to go to his work and give the paperwork to his boss (perhaps with a sweet smile and a "oh (hubby) FORGOT this".) Hang in there. The road is rough but love is worth it.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2008