Please help. My son will be 10 months old tomorrow and his sleeping habits are horrible.

We did the sleep training at 4 months the CIO method and you go in every so often and it worked great. He goes to sleep fine at nap and bedtime. However, for the past 6 weeks or so he wakes up at least twice a night screaming(not crying) and will not calm down unless I put him in bed with me or rock him. I have been giving him motrin and oragel for teething and nothing helps. I dont think he has an earache cause we were just at the DR recently and I even elevated the head of his matress(in case of reflux) and put a bright night light in his room (in case he's scared of the dark). I dont know, I will try anything, This is making me insane!!! I love my son and I just want him to get a good nights sleep.

Mama2Jackson

Asked by Mama2Jackson at 9:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i sleep with my 19 month old i have no answers
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 10:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My daughter didn't sleep thru the night until she was 9 mos. old. My MIL had her one night and layed her down in a playpen. She slept thru the night for the first time. We used that playpen every night until she was like a year old. She loved the room. I should have known, but this child was actually claustrophobic. I found this out slowly over the next couple of years. She was even like this in the womb.. drove me crazy.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I went through the exact same thing at the exact age as your child. I tried EVERYTHING! I was so low on sleep that I was doing crazy things. He woke up screaming 2-3 times a night. I finally started sleeping in the recliner and then my back was killing me. I begged my pediatrician to tell me something and he gave me this:

http://www.professorshouse.com/family/children/the-ferber-method.aspx

He told me that he had to do this with his little girl. It is hard but if you stick it out it WORKS! Follow it to the letter. I did it the first night and he was sleeping by the 15 minute mark. He has slept ever since. If he starts to do it again down the road just start this again and it works. Let me know...
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 10:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• try cutting down on naps my son didn't sleep through the night until he was a little over 2 the I cut down on naps and he slept!
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 2:17 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• This is happening to me and my son is almost 8 months old. He cries before putting him to bed then he'll wake up if we get him up and put him in his playpin to sleep or crib. My SO has to swing him in his car seat to get him to sleep a lot and he's too big for a swing now. Besides he like the swings at the park. Anyways when he wakes up in the middle of the night I put him in the bed with me in his room. I have a twin size along with a crib. I usually fall asleep and he'll smile taking a bottle then finally go to sleep.
    I noticed earlier days with him and sometimes now I put on classical music, not to loud just enough to for both to hear, and we sleep within minutes. If my son is aggravated I rock him to the music while feeding him a bottle of 3 ounces. He'll sleep in 10 minutes or so. Try classical music and rocking him. That just may help. If not then I don't know, like i said I'm in the same situation as you are.
    lovebnmommy310

Answer by lovebnmommy310 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2008