He's graduated to a fever and throwing up

started with a rash now he has a fever and is throwing up. He is pretty sluggish and very unhappy. Its gonna be another 15mins before the doc will even get a page and maybe another 15 mins after that if he will call me. So I could really use some advice about what it might be. The temp is at 101. And he is 2 if that is any help. Thanks lots

Amber1109

Asked by Amber1109 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Health

• Just keep giving liquids and love and if you don't get a call back soon and you really are freaking out about his health go to the ER, better safe than sorry right? GL!

Anonymous

• With a rash and now a fever it sounds like roseola. Not serious, but it is known for a high fever spiking really fast. Keep him cool. Remove his clothing and blankets. If he is complaining of being cold, give him a sheet to help keep a bit covered. Cotton, not flannel. Keep him right by you (on the couch) not alone in his crib. If his fever spikes, he could have a seizure. Mine did. If he has a seizure, make sure that you note the time (how long it lasts) and above all, remain calm. He will be ok, but call 911.

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Tell them he is 2 and having a seizure. Keep him with you at all times and make sure he can't fall and get hurt. Do not put anything in his mouth. Turn him on his side if he seizes so that if he vomits, he won't choke. Two of my kids have epilepsy and both have had febrial seizures. This happens with roseola. My neice had one febrial seizure with roseola and never had another one. She is now 19 and was 18 mos at the time. Remain calm mamma. You are doing well with him. Try to get him to sip some liquids. Anything! At this stage - if soda is all he will drink - give it to him! Good luck hun and kiss your little guy....hope he feels better soon!

Babylove76

• well, have you been around any one who is sick? what kind of rash? sometimes viruses can give little bitties hives-it happened to my son all the time when he would have stomach bugs.
    also, where is the rash? is it all over, just in his folds and creases, his face?
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 9:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Well we think it's roseola or fifths. My husband found the roseola on WebMD so far his temp has only gotten as high as 101. But his fever didn't just shoe up it has been off and on since last night between 98(normal) to 101 His rash is head to foot. Some areas have bumps while other areas like his chest and back is just red. His grain area is the worst with the bumps though. The crapy part is that right now I am at work for another hour, but he is with his grandparents and I more then trust them to make sure he will be OK. Should I give him a bath when I get home?
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• A bath would be fine - don't make it too cool. If he likes water, like most 2 yr olds, it might help his spirits. It may also help him rest too. Sucks that you are at work! It is so hard to be at work when your baby is sick!! It is encouraging though that you have a great support system!! Count your blessings - as I am sure you do. He should be feeling better soon though....

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2008