Does your dog whine everytime it has to go potty?

Mine does it early in the morning. When ever we get up she starts to whine but if we are asleep she won't. It is just getting irritating right now. She is a labadore retreiver. Is this common for them to be so whiney? Driving me nuts. She will whine to get out whine if I yell at her whine for anythign and run to her kennel if I yell. I understand that she can't understand. I am just so frusterated. She doesn't heel. I am 6 months pregnant and she about pulled me down the stairs today. I was livid!

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pets

• they whine to let you know they need out. they can't say "hey mom, ive gotta pee" so a whine it is.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes, it is common for this breed along with the pulling and the heeling issues. I have found that these dogs need extra attention and positive reinforcement all the time, almost excessively. My Lab whines, tweets and whinnies and lately laughs like a hyena! He's gonna be 9mos. soon and we are just figuring him out. He has come around quite a bit with constant training reminders. You dog just might demand even more attention from you after you have your baby A highly social breed and needs tasks to complete along with constant adoration. I knew that going in though.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Thanks Philly247 I guess I need to change my training techniques. I stop everytime she starts to pull. I am stopping every step I get so frusterated.
    Baby4us09

Comment by Baby4us09 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• nope thats not so common. You can get more advise according to his age or condition...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes and he rings a bell.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011