Are women cheaters just smarter than guy cheaters? adult content

I've heard that women cheat more than men, but it seems like we hear about it a lot more in the case of the guy cheater.
considering some of the posts that I've seen of what kind of excuses guys try to make when they cheat, I'm beginning to think that maybe women are just smarter about it.
like how many women would tell their husband that they were working over time when they weren't, when the proof would be in the pay check!
or to tell the husband that they are off somewhere when the place is closed.

So ladies, think that's the reason why we hear more about men cheating?
is it that we talk more about it, or are we just smart enough to catch them red handed more often?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I think a woman is just more likely to snoop than a man
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Because women talk about it more when they are the victims of a cheater. A man might not do it as much. I know for instance my dh has a friend who habitually cheats on his wife. We know all about it even though I have repeatedly told dh not to tell me. I know his wife, we arent best buddies but I do know her. The other day he got a call at work to come pick up his dd she was sick and his wife was nowhere to be found. He was pissed and said she does it all the time. In my eye I thought haha shes probably caught on and is cheating on him. However he makes excuses himself and says she would never do that. I dont know if its a male ego thing to think their wife wont do it when they are or what?>

Answer by gemgem at 9:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Guys are oblivious. Both parties are in the wrong.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have a couple dear guy friends who have been cheated on, other than a very small group of very close friends no one knows...As women we talk, we talk about things that hurt us, and as dumb as it sounds we are very vindictive....so if everyone knows the man is a cheater it does something for us (just using in general terms) For a woman to cheat it is more emotional, the grass is greener on the other side, Dh stopped paying attention to them or they feel less attractive blah blah blah ....for a man to be cheated on it says something in his mind that he can't satisfy a woman, and so his ego takes a hit...a man finds it hard to talk about being cheated on because they internalize the flaws to be about them sexually....I don't have enough room to go into detail...but I think it all boils down to how each individual calculates their self worth.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i think guys are too selfish to put two and two together, and like an above poster said, i think the ego gets in the way too... both reasons i think they cheat as well
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I agree with kitchenwitch
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• We don't hear about how many women cheaters there are or how often cuz we don't talk about it. This is the reason we get caught less. This is one issue you can truly say MEN talk too much.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2011