STD Question.... adult content

I am trying to get back together with my exhusband and his exgirlfriend gave him genital warts. I don't want this to break us up but I am really concerned...I have tried to do research on this and have not found much on precautions or how long you have to wait to have sex or anything like that. So, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my questions?
What I need to know is..can I get genital warts if let's say he used the restroom...touched his penis and then didn't wash his hands and then touched my vagina? Can anyone get genital warts from a toilet seat that's been used by someone that is infected with genital warts? The doctor says it is a virus...so can it be spread by kissing or does it have to be genital or oral contact only?
Sorry, I sound so clueless but I have never had an STD and I have no idea about them.
Any help to any of my questions would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• well you cant get them from a toliet set but you can get them from sexual contact and even in the mouth from oral sex. and unfortunatly it doesnt always matter if a condom is used. it can reduce the risk but if say he has a wart on his balls and it touches your privates it can spread. the best thing he can do is try to get the visible warts treated and wait til they are gone. and also just so you know by getting them treated the body often will pick up an attack mode and boost the immune system to fight the virus. it can take a while but the body can fight off teh virus. he need to go to the doc and get all the info and i would suggest you go into the doc for a check up as welll and ask your doc so that you can get all the facts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/std/genital_warts.htm that should help you....if you do a google search you can find just about anything.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• This is a very good question and I do hope your ex is being medically treated for this. I REALLY think you should call your OBGYN & get a Professional opinion on this. This is for your Health & welfare. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• the doc is correct. i also have hpv and had a leep because of it. even if the warts are gone it can take up to 2 years for the body to fight off the virus. and if he is still have sex with an untreated partner they can keep passing it back and forth. try getting the shot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• sorry you have to go through this
    all good info above^

warts i assume are pretty obvious, i assume he knew he had because he was not tested for things but because they were there

Was he tested for other STDs as well?
    i heard you have to wait 6 months after sexual contact to be sure of HIV testing

please wait to have all his tests comeback clean before having sex with him
    some STDs are not as obvious as warts
    if he got warts from other woman, he most certainly could have picked up something else

be sure to see all doctor reports from all std tests, he should have ALL tests done...just my opinion
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:14 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• WHen you get tested talk to the Dr doing the test about your situation and ask him how to deal with it so you will not get it. Get the facts from your Dr.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Warts are part of the HPV STD, they have vaccinations to help prevent those now. 3 shots over 6 months and your chances are much less for catching it. Warts spread the same everywhere and can be removed by a doctor. suggest removal options to him
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• But isn't the shots only available for a certain age group of women? I read somewhere it is for women like 16 to 23 or something like that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• no, you can get the shots at any age.. I'm 27 and I got them last year after cervical cancer (which can be caused by HPV) over 50% of american men are carrying some form of HPV now.
    Anonymous

• My ex is being treated for this and I have not had sex with him yet. The doctor said to him that even when the warts are gone he still will have the virus and that he should wait 2 years before he has sex again...I have mentioned this to other people and they all have said that isn't correct..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2011