American's Take a Moment For The Positive!

Think about how you felt the day the Towers fell. We were all so in love with America that day, that week, that month... But it seems as we near the ten year mark (yes, it's been nearly that long) that we've lost that love and pride and all we want to focus on is the bad stuff...

Why is it so hard for us to focus on the positive - and there is truly so much positive - that this country gives us. I'm not saying ignore the bad. But it seems like so much pride and love have gotten lost in anger and fight...

So for a few mins today, can we focus on what we love about being an American? Share why you are proud to be an America. Focus on the good and take a moment to let the anger, frustration and fight go long enough to remember how lucky we all truly are!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• At the moment I am proud of our armed forces.

Answer by gemgem at 9:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I always have love for my country. I love that we all have the right to disagree and have our own opinions. I live in the most generous country in the world and the men and women that serve in our military give more than the rest of us, IMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Freedom is a glorious glorious privilidge we have. Very proud of our armed forces and their families.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• With everything that has been going on in the Middle East, I have talked to my daughters about how fortunate we are to live in a country where we don't have to resort to violence in an attempt to overthrow a powerful, brutal dictator. There are definitely positives in our nation that I try not to lose sight of, even when I sometimes feel things are kind of hopeless.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Long Island, N.J. & Manhattan have never stopped remembering & being proud to be an American. There are still signs all over here so we never do forget & most of us knew at least someone who died that day. Just drive around & you'll see our flags still fly high here. We have never stopped being proud.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am a military wife with a deployed husband. Loving this country and the great things about her are my everyday life. My love for her is what makes me so passionate about what can be seen as the bad things. My husband is doing his duty, standing the line to make sure the flag still flies...I must do my duty to make sure the Constitution remains the law of the land.

Maybe it just seems the bad gets more focus..maybe it is the good that is fueling the fight to change the bad...it just gets hidden under the arguements.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Probably because there is so much crap in the world today. It's great when we actually see a warm fuzzy story.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Very thankful for the selfless military personnel that give so much of their time and even their lives to fight for the rest of us. They are not appreciated nearly as much as they should be!!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i am thankful that my husband made it home from his deployment safe and sound and we are finally feeling like a family again.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2011