Children unhappy with everything?

Mine are. My DD is driving me nuts whining for anything and everything. What do you do to stop that in its tracks. I either send them to room or time out but lattely I am beyond myself. I am wondering if it has something to do with my having a baby in July, you think?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• For mine (5, 4, 1) whining gets them absolutely nothing.  Period.  If they ask in a respectable manner, I comply.  Do you mean they whine about wanting the latest toys or about things just in general?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• When you stop giving in to the whining, it will stop.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Whine about what we are doing, what game is for family game night, movie for movie night, they are never satisfied. At times I feel like giving everything we don't really need away except for beds and such and see where they are wit the whining. My children are spoiled to an extent. Mainly my DD, no thanks to my DH.
    Baby4us09

Comment by Baby4us09 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2011