Christians worship a zombie.

What runs through your head when reading the above statement? As a Christian does the statement bother you?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I'm not Christian exactly, but I actually think it's a bit rude and disrespectful. It's the kind of thing that my fellow skeptics say and then expect Christians to not be upset over. As I don't particularly enjoy going around stepping on people's toes for no reason whatsoever, it's not the kind of joke I ever join in on.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It's a tired, old joke, much like the Cubs never winning the World Series.

So the fact that it has been overused means that its not longer worthy of sympathy- ? So, if that "fat kid" gets teased a lot- we should stop caring about that after a certain point?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 3:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm not a Christian, but I do think it's insulting

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I see it as horribly rude and tacky, and I'm saddly surprised at some of the responses to this question. People who I thought were above knocking the faith of another. It's sad that we as a society are so cold and and uncaring of others.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Like it or not, Zombie Jesus is a sub-category of comedy (often by Christian comedians, btw), a sub-group of pop art, there's even a song and a movie.

There is also racial humor and gay bashing humor- does not mean that people can not be offended by it- I guess I don't get the point you are trying to make-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• haha it just seems like a statement thats trying to start a fight
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 9:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• LMAO!!! Whew!! Glad I wasn't drinking when I read that!! My hubby, who LOVES zombie movies, has used this argument on his mom before. She thought it was funny.

If you are offended by it ... please find your sense of humor. It's funny. However, since Jesus didn't eat the flesh of humans when he came back, he technically can't be a zombie.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• First thing that rns through me head is, "well it's not exactly polite but it isn't entirely false...afterall he DID rise from the grave."
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• if i told you what i really thought about that statement, or some of the responses of this thread, y'all would hate me. however i will say, it is AS OFFENSIVE as anything i've read about any group, be they muslim, pagan, homosexual, different ethnic group/race, etc. its not funny, its not more ''lighthearted'', and it is certainly not respectful or showing tolerance for what someone else believes. 

all in all, SSDD. Happy Easter, ladies. 

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Disrespectful, intolerant, incendiary, pointless...I could go on.
    Stupid is as stupid does.--Forrest Gump
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 9:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2011