SAHM....If you could would you?

Let's say that you now get a pay check to stay at home with your kids. Would you do it? Or would Stayin home all day make you want to pull your hair out?

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Yes and no.. I planned on staying home with the kids until they started school so it would be nice but it wouldn't reinforce my choice to stay home.. would just be a nice bonus.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• if i was able to work i would but i can't afford to pay someone else to watch my kids while i barely make enough to cover it AND lose time with my children
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 9:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• juliness I am in the same boat....sort of. I work but my DH does not. why does daycare cost so much?
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• if I got a check to stay home it certainly would make things easier. Once DS is in school if we haven't had another chilld by then,there is no reason to stay home. I would deffinatly be bored out of my mind,lol.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes, I'd rather be home with my kids and make money, even though staying home with them will make me pull my hair out, i'd rather be bald with my kids then have a full head of hair without them..lol
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would only do it when they are infants, toddlers.. once they get in kindergarten I would go back to work. I really enjoy my adult time away from the house. I don't like being home all day. I do love my schedule tho. I work 3 days a week from 7p to 7a. That's four days off a week and I sleep while the kids are in school.. Still home alot, doing dinner , helping with homework etc.. I just work when they sleep :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am a work at home mom now... I used to work full time outside of the home, and I used to be a full time stay at home mom with no paycheck.... They all have their ups and downs. They all have their pros and cons....As mothers we are on the job 24/7 it doesn't matter whether you work outside of the home, in the home...or get a paycheck or not. I love being a work at home mom....next school year, my youngest is in kindergarten which means I'll be able to focus my days on the business full time....I like having my own hours and being able to actually spend time with my kids instead of just being present in the house when they are home.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I already stay home....it wouldn't affect my deicision. :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm fortunate enough to make whatever choice I want as far as staying at home or working. (We don't need a second paycheck to support our family, and we could easily afford daycare if I wanted to work.) I knew long before we had kids that I wanted to be a SAHM. Although there are times when things get a little crazy, I absolutely love it.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 10:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I wouldnt leave my job as a SAHM for anything! I couldnt imagine leaving mykids with someone els, nd missing all their cute accomplishments! I understand moms who like to leav and work but it isnt forme
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2011