Men, really just listen puh lease!

I love it when another power or something decides to tell my SO that I was right!

So we just moved but he had to stay behind for an extra week at our old place (3hrs away). I left with him boxes of things to donate to a specific place. I told him to do it on either monday or tuesday for sevearl reasons. Biggest reason is they dont accept donations on fridays (today the day he is coming home).

Last night he tells me that he hasent brought the stuff to the store (store is across the street from our old place too mind you) & he would do it today on friday. I was upset at him last night about this & of course him being a man dosent give to craps. Well this morning he looks out the window & gives me a call. He says there is a problem that the power line is down across the road & nobody came into work at the store today, now what should he do with the stuff.

Arg really seriously!? If only he would have listened to me in the first place then maybe he wouldnt be in this position. I'll get over it but I'm kind of pissy at him for the moment, mainly pissy b/c this is something that happens often. I ask him to do something (dont demand ask nicely & he complys saying he can/will) just for him to mess it up after I've told/explained to him why he needs to do it a specific way or on a certain day.

Okay so lets hear your ladies mans blunders as of recently? What is the most recent thing he has done that made a bit mad?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• um, everything! he only hears what he wants to hear so i just stopped talking. it's like talking to a brick wall
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 9:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Most of the time when he doesn't listen to me about doing something, the something only affects him. So, I just let him not do it. He figures out when he starts feeling the effects that he should have done it and I don't have to get pissy or whatever.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• LOL- my husband tells me all the time that he should have listened to me once things have gone wrong for him. But we both know that next time something like that comes up, he will once again do whatever he is thinking, and then later tell me he should have listened.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 10:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Ugh, that sounds like something my DH would do! He likes to leave the trash on the front door step when he forgets to take it out. At night, all the neighborhood critters like to get in it and make an even bigger mess! Ugh!
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yesterday I picked him up from work at 2pm and I had to be right back at work (my boss did me a favor). He comes out 10 minutes late inpspects the car and says wtf is all these scratches? I say I don't know and ask if he seen them last night or this morning he CLAIMS they weren't there. Gets in car pissy about his workload being doubled as he was leaving so he has to come back later. His atytitudse and words once again made me feel like i threw rocks at the car myself and gave him extra work. That morning I cleaned the whole house before I left for work. Once I was back at work he must've realized he was a total ahole plus I work fulltime and take care of the house 2. So he apologized but I shouldn't have had to go thru the aggravation.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Went out after dinner, took my car, I had no clue where he was for over an hour. He left his cell phone on the kitchen table so I couldn't even call him. Turns out he wanted to go to a bookstore. I don't care, that's fine, but freakin' let me know next time, and ASK if you can take my car!

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If you would like to leave a rude comment at least have the balls to leave your name along with it. So come on anon ball up, who are you????? Bet you wont show your face.....
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm not the anon, but I agree with her.

Stop treating him like a child.

If you want something done in a highly specific way, then do it yourself. No need to micromanage your man (and if there is a need, I question why you are still with him if you find him so unbearably incompetent.)

Either let him take care of it in his own time, or do it yourself.

Women like you irritate me.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 8:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Wow. You sound like a real piece of work. Like you are some prophet or psychic that could have known that the store's power was going to be out and that's why you were on his case to get it done? Really? And it's really nice of you to say that he "messes it up after you've told/explained to him why he needs to do it a specific way or on a certain day."

Just because they are your priorities doesn't make them everyone else's. If you want something done in that specific of a way just get up and go do it! I hate hear women whine about how "I asked him to separate the recyclables from the trash and take them out but he didn't do it like I would have"

THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE IT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2011