If you were to be evacuated how would you find out?

Who would tell you and how? The main gas line right behind our house blew up and has been shooting gas into the air for hours. My eyes are starting to sting!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I wouldnt wait for someone to say you need to leave.. I would just go.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You will be notified by police and firefighters.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If that was the case, I would NOT wait for someone to tell me to leave. Sorry OP, but I find this post hard to believe.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• local television news, the local papers website, call the police department, listening to a local rado station, I get text messages to my phone when something like that goes on here
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I live almost directly across the street from the fire dept / Very annoying when they get called out. But very conveniant when something happens. They know us and that we have kids so they come over and check on us when something big is happening. For instance we had a water line bust and the city had enough water in tanks for the weekend, but they came to let us know in case no one had.

Answer by gemgem at 10:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Well, did YOU call the Fire Department or The Gas Company???? YET! If the odor is coming into your home with the windows closed then I would leave for a while after I made those calls.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If your to be evacuated chances are it will be all over the TV and new's and the national guard will be knocking on your door to tell you to get out, or write your name and info in permanent marker on your body so they can easily identify your body after the disaster. Thats what they do in Florida during the hurricane's.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't need to call anyone they have been working over there for hours.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't wait to be told to go; I'd go now.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2011