Which state?

I know it's probably never gonna happen but I want to move to another state soooooo bad. I hate the snow and below zero temps. What I love  about where I live is the low crime, small town, no major natural disasters.

I would love to mover to a warmer state with mild winters and still have all the things I love about where I live plus good schools, friendly people, beautiful scenery, closer to a city for the good shopping options. Right now I have to drive more than an hour away to go anywhere good.

Shaylyn318

Asked by Shaylyn318 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Travel

• I live in texas out in the country.. Yes, the summers are hot enough to fry an egg on your head but the school out here is great, the last crime they had was my other half over 20 years ago egging some houses lol I love it here!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Don't come to Mississippi, it's awful here I hate it, I am not a fan of the snow but my parents live in SC and that's where I am headed when my daughter graduates, it's absolutely beautiful, close to Ashville, the weather is perfect no humidity, the winter's have snow but very little, tons of shopping and great places to go including the Biltmore.......and the schools are really go so I'm off as soon as I can. I was a military brat and we have lived everywhere, and SC so far is the best. I would go back to Hawaii but no one can afford to live there year around but as for weather Kauai Hawaii has the best weather in the US fact :)
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i feel ya on that one. i hate pa. i had every intention of moving out west, almost got there, metmy husband and then found out he was from pa and finishing school... then before he finished i ended up pregnant with our first and we've been stuck here ever since. i hate it. at least in ny we had some mountains. here i have all the crappy weather and none of the scenery
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I lived in Wisconsin most of my life so when I moved to Arkansas I was glad to get out of WI but turns out that the grass is not greener on the other side!! I dislike living here!! Everything is so far apart, there is really no place to walk around(plus if you do walk somewhere the side walks just randomly end) and there is not many things to do here.
    When I am able to get out of here I will.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I live in SC Way out in the country in the middle of the woods. Crime is LOW where my home is but not in the 2 city's near us. It's a trade off. Id rather be here than in the city, but I have to drive 45 minutes each way to shop or go to the mall. It's worth it for us.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I live in Florida and you can get that. The summers are muggy but the weather is more ideal than other states in the winter.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011