Do you vote down answers that have NOTHING to do with the question?

I just saw a question about a movie and asking if the movie was bad for little girls.. the first reply was that someone didn't have a girl but loved that kind of movies.. do you vote those down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I don't, but I feel like it when it's my own question. I hate asking questions and having people waste my time by posting anything and everything but an answer. If you don't have an answer or at least some sort of information that can help, then keep quiet.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• How did that answer have "nothing to do with the question"? Seems to me like she answered it.

And no, I don't vote them down unless they are rude/nasty or just wrong answers/bad advice...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No. I hardly ever vote down an answer unless it's outright mean.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No. If they aren't being an a-hole about it or obviously whoring for points, there's no need to vote them down. They may feel they are providing insight to the poster, even if they aren't in the exact situation described.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Thanks for letting me know I can vote down. Not going to use my voting down fun on pettiness.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I dont vote up or down. Why bother?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2011