For your kids!

Is it best to tell your mother that she has to stop babying your kid/kids or is it best not to break her heart and let it roll. last nite i was the mean guy of my house and told my boyfriend how i felt that he needed to help more and i also talked to my momma and told her she had to stop babying and letting get away with stuff and also when me n daddy is around we need to correct him! Did i do the wrong thing or i am right for explaining how i feel? also made my 2yr old go to sleep in his bed for the first time in forever!!!

kolbysmama20

Asked by kolbysmama20 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• sounds like a temper tantrum of new things. maybe on at a time would have been better so you didnt look like a jerk all at once?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think its fine to tell them, and not keep in bottled in. I have learned in the last 22 yrs of being a mom though to try and be calm with the grandparents lol. I used to hold it all in and then explode and there would be hurt feelings all around. Now when something bothers me I just call and tell them hey I noticed XYZ and we dont allow that is there any way we can get on the same page? Sure sometimes they still take it wrong, but I can say "I came to you calmly and wasnt trying to upset you" and that usually does work.

Answer by gemgem at 10:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i was very calm about it and told her i wasnt trying to hurt feelings it was just hurting my feelings when he calls her mommy and she answers =( and me n myboyfriend work everything out with our little talk that went well kolby didnt like sleeping in his bed and not getting rocked but hey he was knocked out with 30mins and i layed down with him!! my mom just takes things hard no matter what it is. i dnt think i was a jerk just needed to get things off my chest. i dont see that being wrong if im trying to stay in controll of MY child! right??
    kolbysmama20

Comment by kolbysmama20 (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You are the parent.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Take charge. Your house, your rules, your child.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2011