How do i get my "pep" back?

okay, pertinent information: I'm 26, I have three kids (one is autistic) under the age of seven, Bipolar (though stable), losing weight (but eating! and taking vitamin supplements with iron and b12), i get around eight hours of sleep a night, I don't drink much caffeine, i drink a lot of fluids and I get adequate exercise (i make sure to get thirty minutes three or four times a week)
problem: I have had no energy for about a month. I *think* it may have to do with a somewhat extended strep infection (it was penicillin resistant, so i was treated with two different antibiotics and sick for about three weeks) and had some nasty (though not related) illnesses along with the strep. I'm better now as far as the strep and other illnesses go, but i have no energy! It's like I am walking around in a fog and I'd like some ideas of why I am still not at one hundred percent.
any ideas?

TempestRayne

Asked by TempestRayne at 9:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Health

• Sounds like motherhood to me. Having a special needs child on top of it really adds to the mix. I had the same problem, I think it's the stress.

Ever think that maybe you are already doing allot? I always think I don't do enough but other people see me much differently.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 10:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Are you a Type 1 or Type 2 bipolar? I'm a type 2 and the symptoms you describe sound like an "episode". I have them occassionally (I'm not on any meds, the last med I was on was lithium 11 years ago and talk about brain fog!). Stress will bring on a type 2 episode quicker than anything, and the fog you're experiencing is probably your brain's way of trying to shut down a little bit to reset.
    Also, are there any groups on cafemom that you know of for other people like us? It's hard to relate symptoms to my DH (one of those well adjusted types, damn it!) and I feel guilty when he has to work through or around my episodes. Thanks!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2008