How Many Times.......& Whey are they now?

How many times do you think girls/women who are in this messed up relationships with lying, cheating, scum bag guys take our advice after posting "what should I do" and the answers on this forum are overwhelmingly "he's not that into you" or "Run" ?

I bet you the advice here is exactly what their friends and family have been telling them. Why as woman do we allow men to treat us so poorly and then let it happen over and over expecting something different?

Any mamas out there that took our advice and got the hell outta dodge? Where are you now, what happened?

8Tinkerboo8

Asked by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I didn't need cafemom to tell me my knight in shining armor was really an idiot in tin foil. I would hope that anyone that had to ask had come to the same conclusion.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• OMG - I am totally using that. That may be the best new phrase of my year! Idiot in tin foil - YOU ROCK!
    8Tinkerboo8

Comment by 8Tinkerboo8 (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i remember recently there was one girl who was 18 who posted the same question over and over and deleted the answered ones because she didn't like our answers. she was obviously hoping someone would say "hey you're right, he just wants space but he'll be back". i know it hurts but isn't the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? :)
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• knight in shining armor is an idiot in tin foil??? oh my goodness you made my day
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think most of them do the exact opposite of what we suggest. They only leave the loosers after it's way to late and the hardest to put their life back together.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• zoiejains momma - I agree with the group and will be using this when appropriate...an idiot in tin foil....love it!!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think they stay because of comfort and/or convenience. Not makeing excuses for them but it makes a li' sense.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• @zoejains <---best answer right there lol.

I wonder sometimes about the people who have really messed up situations at home. It's a lot easier to give advice though than it is sometimes to take it. =/
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• True dat
    8Tinkerboo8

Comment by 8Tinkerboo8 (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011