back labor please help!!

did anyone who had back labor NOT feel contractions in your stomach and only felt the back pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well i was in the hospital and right before i had an epidural (and after some meds) i had some serious back labor. i definitly could not feel it in my stomach bc it hurt so bad in the back. if it feels like its wrapped around your LOWER back. i mean i never had lower back pain like that so i def knew it was back labor. i would call your dr to let them know.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i only felt them in my back and pelvic i never felt them in my tummy
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 10:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• UGH!!! I had back labor with ALL 3 of mine!! It was horrible! Things that helped were squats. This also lessoned the pushing time. I pushed TWICE with all of them. BTW, I did NOT have an epidural with any of them, either!

*YES, I am very proud of that! lol :-) Good luck, mommy!

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My advice would be to do milld back stretching exersizes. while on your knees (even though you have the mommy belly) stretch and walk your arms out as far as you can to stretch out your lower back. Also lay on your side with you knees up (fetal position) and pull your shoulders up and hold (like a shoulder shrug) good luck.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I had back pain with my first baby. An epidural will not be as effective if you have back labor.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• WAIT....YES an epidural will be effective. i had it sooo bad and they gave me an epidural right after and i felt sooooooooooo much better!!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• "Only the small group of women who have back labor, which is caused by the position of the baby's head, does not benefit as much from the combined spinal epidural as their counterparts."

A spinal epidural will not be as effective if it is TRUE back labor. It's not my opinion, it's the scientific facts and research.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I had severe back labor, and the pain was incessant in my lower back, even between contractions. During contractions, the pain would intensify in my back and then spread down around the lowest part of my abdomen. I never felt anything near my stomach at all.

If you end up in the hospital with back labor, get the epidural as soon as you can. It isn't a miracle worker, but the pain was so excruciating in my back that I couldn't think straight until I got that small bit of relief.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2008