What do you think of at home birth?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was born at home unassisted. It was the most amazing experience! I followed my body and found myself giving birth while standing up!

I think that for a healthy pregnancy home birth is the way to go. Birth is natural. Women have been giving birth since before doctors even existed. It is not a disorder or a disease. We don't need to give birth in hospitals.

Yes, there are exceptions. But the majority of women do not need medical assistance. 3% of births actually need medical intervention. 3%!!! The majority of medical interventions cause complications resulting in unnecessary c-sections and harmful drugs.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i agree with the previous poster. if you're looking for support, there are many pro home birth groups on cafemom. one in particular i know of is the 'birth is normal' group.
    bambola

Answer by bambola at 9:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Yup I agree with the above, and will add as long as you have a liscensed mid wife. It is becomming more common to deliver at home. A mis wife is medically trained to handle any problems that may arise.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• yess!!!! i birthed my first daughter at a birth center it was a amazing experiance. i labored at home til i had to go in and i basicly walked in got in the tub and pushed. im over due with our second, and because of the politics the birthing center has to abide by certain rules now to stay open. you can only be 41 weeks pregnant to deliver in their facility. i delivered our first 41wks and 3 days. today i am 41wks and 1 day i was scheduled to be induced at the hospital but i felt terrible about this so i didnt go in i will go when we are ready just like last time.. i feel so much happier about this im excited again to have a baby the way it should be done!!!!
    nandiebaby

Answer by nandiebaby at 12:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I will be having a home birth in January and I cannot wait. If all goes well, then our next child will be an unassisted birth at home. I could not imagine giving birth in a hospital unless I absolutely had to. There are a lot of misconceptions about home births, misconceptions that I hope will slowly be brought to light. Many people are quite ignorant to the safety of home births, and have allowed the medical community to persuade them of these misconceptions.
    iamhis0

Answer by iamhis0 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I think "why would you leave your house to give birth? Where is the logic in that?"
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 9:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2008