Christians...who do you pray to?

Do you pray to God, to Jesus, or to God in Jesus' name? I'm a Christian but no one has ever explained this to me and I want to get it straightened out. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• John 16:23 (King James Version)

23And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

You pray to God but you have to ask it in Jesus name . God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I used to end my prayers with "in Jesus name, Amen" until I realized the best way to talk to my lord was from my heart without worrying about a right or wrong. The God I love dosen't have a right or wrong when it comes to my sharing with him.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 10:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i end my prayers with"in jesus' name i pray,amen". hope this helps
    frances_simonds

Answer by frances_simonds at 10:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i am a christain i belive they r one in the same 3 acting as one but i pray to God an if i am asking for help or guideance it's always inJesus name thats just what i was taught and i agree w/ hinson7169
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I pray to my Heavenly Father, but ask in Jesus' name.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• As a Catholic I find alot of suopport in prayer to the Vergin Mary. It's somewhat a woman to Woman connection. I also pray to Jesus and seek his guidance.
    Gingersmom1979

Answer by Gingersmom1979 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I pray to my Father (Daddy), but I ask all things in Jesus name.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I call Him Abba or Father, and I usually close in Jesus' name. I talk to Jesus, too.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I'm Christian and I pray directly to God (Mother and Father). I don't think Jesus is quoted correctly most of the time in the Bible and after some research I've learned that of course you can call on Jesus for extra help but YOU have all the power you need in your own little self to be heard and understood by God. So when it says "in my name", you could technically insert your own name because you carry just as much of the Divine within yourself as Jesus does.

When I'm in big trouble or really want help, I call on all the big guns (LOL). I call on Jesus, my angels, my spirit guide, and anyone else who may standing by "doing nothing". But if I'm just chatting, I simply talk to GOD.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Theres something about whosoever ask the lord in Jesus' name shall recieve and yes i'm paraphrasing that but I know that's what it means.
    Anonymous