Unexpected House Guests

My Mom and older sister have always been the type to just pop by my house unexpected. When I was younger and staying alone this was never a problem. But now that I am older and have a family I assumed that they have realized the transition, but I was wrong. I am now 5 months pregnant and over the last week and a half have come down with sinusitis. I also have a viral infection which has made my body very weak and I sleep most of the day when possible. My husband works 12 hours from 1am and comes home takes care of our son and me before he lays down for a nap. Yet and still yesterday, as I'm lying in the bed trying to rest, I hear my doorbell ringing repeatedly. My son was in his room playing peacefully, And my husband was resting next to me. He offered to go and answer the door because we were both parked outside , but I told him no. I was tired he was tired and we should be able to rest without unexpected guests; and I would feel the same way if it was his family or friends. What pissed me off even more was that my mom was literally pressing her face against the panes on my windows trying to look thorugh the house. I thought that was uncalled for because she speaks poorly of her neighbor who does it to her. She then called me later on last night around 9pm, however I was already sleep, and when I called her back this morning she didnt answer. I'd spoken to her the day before yesterday and seen her 3 days ago (my sons birthday) so she is fully aware I am ill and of my husbands wor hours. I dont let them watch my son too much because they dont like to follow my rules (AT ALL). And when I do let them in, their very loud, which ends up waking up my husband and of course he's then in a bad mood. Does anyones else family who has no disregard for your household.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• sounds like she was worried and looking through to make sure you are okay. just ask her to call before she comes over next time
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• When I lived close to the family they acted the same way. Thank God we moved across the country.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• a good idea is to leave a note on the door hat says "not taking visitors today, so please leave and don't knock"

gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• my family are not as rude but my parents let my brother run all over my townhouse. he stood on my table and likes to run from the front door to the back of the house and jump on our sofa. my husband flipped on him. we dont want our furniture broken. they lso let him drink soda (loaded with caffein) and spill it all over my carpet. they never say anything to him at all. they were visiting my cousin and my brother was trying to get my vcousins dog to climb the ladder my cousin told him no vcause she will fall and get hurt and my brother wouldnt listen and the entire time my stepdad is standing there and not saying a word.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Obviously you never set up new boundaries when you got married.. Do it now..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 4:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011