Are you a girly girl or a tomboy?

my sons just saw a commercial for some ballerina dora followed by fairy barbies and said "all girls like pink" and i said, "hey thats not true, i don't like pink or ballet or glittery stuff or barbies or fairies" and then my oldest says "yeah mom the only thing that makes you a girl is your long hair and that you don't have a willy" HAHAHA they crack me up. it's probably best that i ended up with 3 boys :)

juliness

Asked by juliness at 10:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• im in the middle, i dont mind getting dirty but a spider comes by and you bet i turn into an "OMG EWWW" girly girl
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Both. It's not an either-or thing for a lot of women.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am a total girly girl. However, being born and raised in wild and wonderful West Virginia, you just naturally have that tom boy side, too. I can fish and camp and get dirty with the best of 'em! I prefer to be girly though....
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• not saying it's either or. did you read the whole thing?
    juliness

Comment by juliness (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Im a little of both..more on the girlie girl side.. but I am very tough so.. I say Im both!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm closer to tomboy-ish

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i was a huge tomboy as a kid, didn't like pink, wouldn't play with dolls, i was always playing outside with my brother, tearing the head off my sister's dolls lol but when i turned 17 i started to be more girly but still not a priss....i like pink now and girly things but would much rather be outside getting dirty or playing some kind of sport....my daughter is a good mix of girly/tomboy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i'm a little bit of both.... i love to do my hair, make up, nails, and go shopping but i will also jump in a puddle of mud, change a tire, and even help my husband work on the car... i would like my son to know that there is no straight type of girl.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• tomboy. I hate dresses, pink, makeup and princesses. Always have. I've never worn makeup and I'm 34 (not even to my own wedding...I wouldn't even know how to put it on), don't do my nails, have never had a manicure, don't do my hair (other than pulling it into a ponytail). I don't own dress clothes or shoes. I have 2 pair of shoes: sneakers and flip-flops. I'm not sure I know how to be a girl, lol. If I had to get fancied up for a ball or something I'd be lost.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• both or neither might be more accurate.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2011