Has anyone ever gone geocaching?

If so, was it fun? Where did you get your handheld GPS unit? I have gone to 5 stores and no carries them. We are going this weekend so I will probably just use my GPS that I have for my car.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We do this as a family. My husband has a decent GPS (I believe it's an eTrex) and the kids just have a Geomate Jr. We got them online through Amazon. The kids have tons of fun doing it!
    bethanysmom1007

Answer by bethanysmom1007 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My son has done this at school, I suggest that you call the school and talked to the Gifted/Talented coordinator and they should be able to tell you where to get one
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I did it several times with my BIL and his family. It was SOOOO much fun. He had his own GPS, so not sure where he got it.
    But it is GREAT family fun.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i've heard its fun! but i don't think the car gps will work. it's more about your coordinates
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My car gps has a section that shows your coordinates and you can input coordinates as well. I am hoping it works if not then I have a gps download on my iPhone but I think I may not get a signal for it to work.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2011