Who else has a house full of ball crazy kids?

I am stepping over bat bags and cleats (until I yell the next piece of ball equipment in my living room is MINE!) and there is a jock strap on my rocking chair. My ds just started catching and my dh (who just said, spend as little as possible this week) is having me run up to the sporting goods store (45 mins. away) to pick him up a catchers mitt and oil.

I do love to watch them play! but I kind of get tired of listening to the play by play of practice.

Ahhhh ball season.

btw, my 11yo ds plays, my 14yo ds plays and my 7 yo dd played 1 year and asks every year to play until we remind her of practicing and running and all that and she say's "oh yeah, I didnt like that, I'll stick to cheer leading for football" Softball is HUGE around here I would love it if she would play, but she will be good support for her friends.

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh yeah - opening day is Saturday. My little one is finally old enough for T Ball. My daughter plays softball and my teen plays too. We have to go to Model's tonight and buy cleats and underarmour for everyone.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My ds isn't old enough to play yet, but I still have to deal with all the baseball talk and everything. My DH umpires high school softball for the extra money and this summer he is coaching an American Legion 16 and up team. We will be spending the majority of our summer on the baseball diamond. I have to hear everyday, "we've got another player" "I don't need anymore outfielders" My DH loves it. I tell him it's sad when your wife gets jealous of baseball, but it's his first love.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes...and daddy is to blame. Our oldest is finally old enough to enroll in tee-ball and soccer, so he is in heaven. I have ball gloves, cleats, shin guards, soccer balls, uniforms, and...and here is the part I love....a bag of 10 wiffle balls rolling around loose. Daddy bought them so they could "play catch in the house". Superb.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2011