Am I the only one annoyed by these new drop down ads?

I accidentally scroll over the ad and suddenly there is it taking up half the screen and I have the search out for the little "X" to close it.. really, why?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in About CafeMom

• No it completely ticks me off that half the time I cannot get to the search bar because of the stupid add taking over the page. I know they have to pay for the site but can the site still be FUNCTIONAL while still havinvg adds! JMO

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yeah,stupid Walgreens!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• They bug me too but I usually don't have an issue avoiding them :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes today Target is stalking me.........it's inevitable I guess, gotta have the adds to keep it free but it IS super annoying!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes but then I have to remember that those ads keep this site free.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I understand we NEED ads to keep it free but do we really need THOSE annoying ads that go outside of their little area. I have no problem looking over and saying "That's cool, I'll click that" to an ad that gets my attention but one that i accidentally scroll over and it get larger i just ignore and get annoyed with
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• The ones that are worse are the ones with sound. Can't turn those off. But as others say that is how they keep the site free.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I HATE THOSE THINGS!!!! THEY ARE SO ANNOYING.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes, if there is ANY favor CM could do for it, it would be to GET RID OF THOSE PIECE OF CRAP DROP ADDS!

I always accidentally scroll over them, it's so annoying sometimes that i just get off CafeMom. Sometimes i have to refresh the friggen page for it to go back to normal. That is the one thing i can say i HATE about CafeMom.

You can still have advertisements, that's fine. Just don't make them take up the whole friggen page if you happen to accidentally scroll over one!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If you use Firefox as a web browser you can get a free add-on Ad Blocker, and then you can block the ads that do the annoying roll-over thing.

I don't mind seeing normal ads, and I'm happy that CM is free, but the expanding ones were making it too unpleasant to use this site. So, given the choice of blocking the annoying ads, or not using the CM anymore, I decided to block the ads.

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/

Ad Blocker: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ad-blocker/

Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2011