Should i marry my kids dad?

I am asking this because we were to be married in may of this year but he called it off three weeks before the fact and it hurted. then just the other day he asked me what if I asked you to marry me? and I said I would have to think about that one and I don't want to get my hopes up. what should I do? I wonder if he wants to go through with it now because i bore him a son or now he feels like it's the right time or because i named our son after him. may have been paticent him while he was going throught somethings. should i ask him these question that have been running through my mind or should i leave it alone? please let me know if you were in this what would you do?

MissMandy25

Asked by MissMandy25 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• Absolutely ask questions. Why wouldn't you ask? I would not want to go into a marriage with important questions, especially with someone called off the wedding in the past.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I would def tell him that you are concerned about what happened last time and that it hurt so much. Tell him that you don't want to go through that again and ask him to assure you that he won't back out. I was sposed to be married to my SO in August. He broke up with me in March. We got back together in August, but we are still working on rebuilding our relationship. It is really doing well, but we have bumps here and there. Marriage is a HUGE commitment. My SO and I are making smaller commitments and keeping them to rebuild trust. I have trust issues other than our relationship, so for me it is REALLY hard. I would say, there is no rush. Take the time to make sure it is really what you both want. Especially now that there is a LO involved. It is better to take the time now, than to make a rush decision only to crush a little child's spirit if things don't work. Good luck!

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• ask him the questions make sure he wants this b/c he wants to be married toyou and he is in love with you not b/c you gave him a son that you gave him his name. if you dont find out you will always wonder and he could resent you later. you both diserve whats best for you both. your son diserves the best that you both can be rather its togeather or apart. i hope everything works out for the best for both of you.
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 10:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• take him to the courthouse to marry asap then after u are already married have the wedding!!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2008