2yo DD has not been eating lately....what's goin' on? =[

She will barely eat! She wants nothing for breakfast, she will eat a couple bites of lunch, and barely any dinner, if any at all. I have cut out all junk food for a while now, and she still won't eat. I'm worried of her ''starving herself'' I know it's unlikely a toddler will starve themselves, but you get my point. Idk what's going on, it's been like this for about a month now.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is going through the same thing and the doctor suggested giving him pedisure or something like that when he doesn't want to eat much and just keep offering him food when we are eating
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• she may be going through a growth spurt. She is not starving herself though. make sure you keep " snacks out" so she can get to them. apples, a few crackers, something to drink.... maybe ( although can be alittle messy) but maybe a piece of toast cut into 4's give her a little butter to spread on it, but tell her if she does it... she has to eat it or 2 bites of it. make it a game for her. good luck momma.....
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Kid's go through fazes where they eat allot or dont eat more than a cheerio and a sip of milk. It's normal. But if she is showing signs of being sick then you worry. Basically if a child is playing and active and shows no other signs like fever or the runs you dont sweat it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My daughter is the exact same way, she is 2 years old as well. i do what kkbird said, just leave snacks out and unless she is showing signs of truly being sick then she is probably fine. But I do share your concern because my daughter has always been skinny but literally her ribs are showing!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 12:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• That phase comes and goes with my daughter sometimes. Unless she tells me that she doesn't feel good or she's running a fever, I don't really worry about it.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My 2 year old goes through the same thing one day she will decide that she doesnt like anything that she normally eats and she will pick at a few things for a couple days barely eating and then back to normal. I would just make sure that she isn't drinking too much juice cause it may be filling her up. I always give Pediasure when my daughter goes through these phases just to make sure she is getting something nutritious in her.
    damselphish

Answer by damselphish at 9:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011