Would you ever act like such an animal?

As to trample someone to get a material item for a few dollars off? This is soooo outrageous, I am really having a hard time believing that humans would do such a thing. Seriously, were any sales actually worth someone's life today?

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 10:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Shopping

• no -actually we've never gone out on this day before. today we did. we think many people are ironically evil during the WHOLE shopping season -to celebrate birth of Jesus (Love). What will they say to Jesus about how they prepared to celebrate HIS day? I've had people steal from me, ram my cart with the baby in it ...not to mention i've a disabled child so theres lots more hecklers, nasty gawkers & what not out....ect. ect. ect.
    Anyway, we actually had a lovely day today & it hasn't been so bad as it used to be during the rest of the shopping season since we moved out of the city. We were shocked, frightened and saddened to learn that people actually behaved this way today -How terrible for the victims of such senseless crimes. I hope they have a tape and start imprisoning folks for this type behavior, especially for the death of this man.
    Jennifer761

Answer by Jennifer761 at 3:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Nope. I stayed home today to avoid the chaos! Very sad story.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I don't know what this World is coming to. That is so wrong nothing is that important where you need to trample someone to get an item.
    sweetsmo

Answer by sweetsmo at 10:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I have seem some crazy things at sales. What is really bad is when David's Bridal does their $99 sales. Lord Almighty, my sister went with me to that one and she got shoved so hard into one of the walls that she actually broke down one of the dressing room doors. My dad once got slammed in the head by a toaster by a little old lady. I have no idea how or why we all got so materialistic that we would be willing to injure and maim other people just for a sale.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My husband just said that he heard that a pregnant woman was trampled resulting in a miscarriage today as well. He cannot remember where he heard it, so I have no facts to back that up, but that is what he heard.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• No, in fact, I can't even stand to GO to stores at any point when it's this busy. I keep asking WHY don't people BUY LOCAL -- as in local stores, local crafters, ETSY, etc.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:30 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• nope!!! my inbox was flooding with sale emails and promo codes lol. i shop online. until gas is 99 cent a gallon, it's too high for me!!! today was just sad all to get a Wii that probably isn't there
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• No I wouldn't. It sickens me that people are so pathetic. It sickens me that the Wal Mart involved pretty much had the body transported, cleaned up and it was back to business while the savages waited outside. There is no flat screen TV worth another person's life.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I work at a mall and I have seen the nuts out in force. Last year they were banging on Victoria's Secrets doors and yelling cause it was 7 am on the dot and the doors were not open. I would rather pay $30 for something and get it later with out the crowds instead of get up ass early and wonder if I'm gonna get assaulted to get it for $15.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• This is why I stay home on Black friday!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 1:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2008