Anyone ex army wives or any Army Wives in general. I have questions about the Retention office/getting out of army end of contract etc

DH contract ends in Nov of this year. but he gets the 90 day leave. my husband is supposed to get his paper work done in April (this month) so we can hand it to our apartment manager so we can end our lease with out penalty and then get transportation to our apartment, packed it and then finally move it to our new place in sacramento. He is getting out of the army. My husband tells me yesterday that the retention guy told my DH that he has to wait until my husbands unit deploys in June before they put the paper work in. DH does not know why, does not understand why we have to wait. So now DH cant go to his new college in August, has to be pushed back. we cant cut off our house phone, net and cable or anything else we wanted to cut off to save money while driving back to sacramento from washignton state. My 2 kids will register late for school. (2nd grader and one Kindergartener) My husband told me August 26th is when he signs out and hes out of army but i want to leave in june, that is when we want too. Im sure there is a way around it. How is it possible the retention office cant let me husband leave in june, give him his paper work. They keep thinking hes going to re enlist but he isnt, he doesnt want to be in it anymore. im sure of this, hes been waiting a year just so he can get the paper work done and now there telling him he has to wait until his unit deploys which is BS. We cant afford month to month lease at our apartment. we pay $1200 a month plus renters fees that is part of the car insurance bill, comcast phone, net, cable, water and power. water/power is 80-90 A BILL, Car insurance and renters fees is 110 a month, comcast is 110-115 a month. My husband said we have to pay month to month lease. but we financially cant and he knows this. month to month is so expensive. i think its like 1500-1800 a month. isnt there anything he can do? He was supposed to report to college in August and we where supposed to get a new place in June and i need to find schools. Cant do that in a week. I dont know the area. Any info?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• go up the chain of command to a commander if that doesn't work go over the commanders head. anything else mine got out on a marital hardship. YOU HAVE TO GO IN TO THE COMMANDERS OFFICE AND DON'T BE NICE. tear him an new one and tell him you will leave your husband if this doesn't get fixed. my ex husband got out ofter they extended his travel orders and didnt let him call me and he was extended for another week. I was one really p o d wife. but i had to be the one who went to the commander and eat his a out. The seargent who did it got dropped 2 ranks over it. Keep going up the chain of command if that doesn't work get a jag involved. If you have to call a jag you will never have another problem I garantee it. Jags can and will change the song and dance. Jags are your best friend use them.
    opinionatedmom

Answer by opinionatedmom at 12:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2011