I forget if this is a symptom... warning: probably tmi

We had unprotected sex the day after my period ended, and ever since then I've been having a slimy white mucus-like discharge. It is strange for me, since I don't normally have discharge, and this is like a leakage all day every day... Is this a pregnancy symptom? My SIL has all of my pregnancy books so I can't look it up. And it is probably too early to take a test since I'm not due for Aunt Flo for another week and a half or so.... thoughts?

risonski

Asked by risonski at 10:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It may be a combo of the two...sperm leaking out and being fertile. But, you said it's been happening for 3 weeks so I don't know. I never had an increase in secretions in my pregnancy so it's hard saying....everyone is different.

I looked some stuff up for you...here ya go.

http://www.magazine.ayurvediccure.com/discharge-a-sign-of-early-pregnancy/

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/HQ/00451.html

I also read something about bacterial vaginosis
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I think it probably means you're fertile
    Anonymous

• Hmmm...could be a symptom of your ovulation? Some women get this kind of discharge when they are at their most fertile period of the month.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• So then this means I'm super fertile this month? The discharge started about three days after "the incident" and hasn't stopped since, which is what worries me.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 10:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I've never had an increase of secretions in the beginning of a pregnancy. I've had more at the end.....ovulation could cause it. Some of it could've been discharge from him too
    Anonymous

• It's really hard to say. I mean, it could be a pregnancy symptom because every woman is different. As long as it's not smelly or burning (which could be a sign of infection), just keep your eyes peeled for other pregnancy symptoms. If nothing else like sore boobs, morning sickness, etc. turns up between now and your period, maybe it was nothing. If other symptoms turn up - or obviously if your period is late - definitely take a test.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I guess I'll just have to wait until I miss A.F., I probably won't be able to count on other pregnancy symptoms since I didn't have any with my son until well into my second trimester...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 10:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i think it's the sperm leaking out since you had unprotected sex
    justgg

Answer by justgg at 10:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yeah unfortunately this might just be the point where you have to wait and see. :( :( I never had much discharge in the beginning of pregnancy so it wasn't a symptom for me, but like I said every woman is different. :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• re: sperm leaking... would sperm still be leaking out after three weeks? All day everyday? I thought that men only ejaculated a tablespoon to a tablespoon and a half of sperm? Why would it take so long for it to come out? It also doesn't seem to be the same consistancy as sperm...

Thanks ladies, this has all been very helpful.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 10:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2008