Lying?

My 10 year old keeps "finding" money "near the mailbox". She said she found the exact amount of money near the mailbox that I had up next to the sound system (where only she, my husband and I can reach), and that money was missing from there. I will ask my husband if he grabbed it before I directly accuse her of taking it.

About a week ago, when it was snowing, she started shoveling the driveway. She "found" over $4 in bills and change. I had told her then next time she "found" money like that, she needed to come get me before she even touched it. Apparently she "forgot." (I would have been more than willing to give her money for shoveling the driveway and doing something nice...she has no reason to lie to me about where she "found" the money.)

Would you believe her? Right now, I don't, especially after what happened today.

hopeandglory53

Asked by hopeandglory53 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son is 9yrs old and he is not lying about money or finding it but he is about other things...I am not liking this stage right now...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am bumping your question cuz maybe some answer can help me too... :)
    iNk-FrEaK

• No, I wouldn't believe her - kids this age seem to lie - my niece at 9 stole my sons teething tablets, she got caught and didn't really have a "reason either" I remember being a child and did the same thing, it was a short phase and I still don't know why i did the small things I did..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I just find it quite interesting that the money she "found" happened to be the EXACT amount I had placed up there, and that money is missing.
    hopeandglory53

Comment by hopeandglory53 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• don't believe her, but do go all I know you did it either. she might have a reason she stole the money or she might not even know why she did it. explain to her that it's wrong and she isn't to do it again or there will be some serious consequences, because lets face it, if she was caught doing this in the real world, she could get into some serious trouble.
    Lindsey624

Answer by Lindsey624 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My son used to find money all the time lol, of course he was really taking it from me, his sister, my change bowl etc. I finally told him I would be checking him everyday and any found money I would confiscate. I would decide how much found money he could keep. It worked.

Answer by gemgem at 12:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• That's why I want to ask Daddy if he took it before I accuse her of actually taking it. (And of course, who knows, she could be trying to pull an April Fools' joke on me too.)
    hopeandglory53

Comment by hopeandglory53 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• OMG THAT LITTLE SHIZER WAS PLAYING AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE!
    hopeandglory53

Comment by hopeandglory53 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011