Anyone ex army wives or any Army Wives in general. I have questions about the Retention office/getting out of army end of contract etc

DH contract ends in Nov of this year. but he gets the 90 day leave. my husband is supposed to get his paper work done in April (this month) so we can hand it to our apartment manager so we can end our lease with out penalty and then get transportation to our apartment, packed it and then finally move it to our new place in sacramento. He is getting out of the army. My husband tells me yesterday that the retention guy told my DH that he has to wait until my husbands unit deploys in June before they put the paper work in. DH does not know why, does not understand why we have to wait. So now DH cant go to his new college in August, has to be pushed back. we cant cut off our house phone, net and cable or anything else we wanted to cut off to save money while driving back to sacramento from washignton state.
My 2 kids will register late for school. (2nd grader and one Kindergartener) My husband told me August 26th is when he signs out and hes out of army but i want to leave in june, that is when we want too. Im sure there is a way around it. How is it possible the retention office cant let me husband leave in june, give him his paper work. They keep thinking hes going to re enlist but he isnt, he doesnt want to be in it anymore. im sure of this, hes been waiting a year just so he can get the paper work done and now there telling him he has to wait until his unit deploys which is BS. We cant afford month to month lease at our apartment. we pay $1200 a month plus renters fees that is part of the car insurance bill, comcast phone, net, cable, water and power. water/power is 80-90 A BILL, Car insurance and renters fees is 110 a month, comcast is 110-115 a month. My husband said we have to pay month to month lease. but we financially cant and he knows this. month to month is so expensive. i think its like 1500-1800 a month. isnt there anything he can do? He was supposed to report to college in August and we where supposed to get a new place in June and i need to find schools. Cant do that in a week. I dont know the area. Any info?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• What is the date he is eligible to separate? The military Essentially "owns" him. In the time of war, they CAN deny and change ones separation date. After nearly 20 yrs as a military s/o- spouse~ I've learned~ Until the paperwork has been submitted and worked all channels, it's not always a good idea to make concrete plans without accepted paperwork
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yea i know but in realty they cant make him deploy. We (DH AND I) already talked about it, he asked about it. He cant deploy with his unit since he is very very close from Deployment month and ETS date. November 1, 2011 is his ETS End of contract. Deployment is in June. April should of been the month he got his paperwork and i could of showed the apartment manager so we could end lease with out penalty. I know how the army works, i know they can do whatever they want. And i made plans because i needed to make some plans regardless. Im the type that just waits until the last second to make plans and see what happens. I need to register my kids in a new school months ahead. Now there going to start late. Anyways
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Go to the military group and ask this question. You should get more in depth Answers.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I've been a military wife for almost 20 years. Nothing is certain until all the paperwork is finished. Heck if they implemented a Stop Loss he could be caught up in it and not get out in Nov. at all. We have never once made plans until our move was an absolute certainty. Honestly, I am a little surprised you guys made so many plans ahead of time. Have either of you been through an exit debriefing so you know what to expect?

You may not want to hear this, but they may be delaying the paperwork because of all the stuff going on in the ME right now. Things are very uncertain and if we get involved in another war I am certain they will probably put Stop Loss in effect again.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• he already did all his VA briefings and everything else u can think of. June is his terminal leave thats is why we where leaving in June. Hes been in the army since 2004. he spoke to a bunch of people. He knows what to do. Im just here asking for more info. Everyone off cafemom has told me to speak to his commander. The retention guy told him he would be getting his paper work in april so his terminal leave starts in june. he would be getting paid by the army still while packing, moving, driving back to Sacramento. And we made plans because we where told it would work. He can change his school dates its no prob. its not college. its a automotive tech school.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Go to JAG, find out if the ETS orders will allow you to break a lease with no penalty, like PCS orders will. If so, sign a new year lease. If his terminal leave starts August 26, that's when he CAN leave, not June. The 90 days is terminal leave, which starts August 26, according to you. That is when he signs out, that IS when he can leave.
    Just go to JAG, I am thinking the ETS orders will get you out of a lease with no penalty. Then, there should be no problem there. As for your kids and school, hell, my kids have had to change school in middle of a school year EVERY time we have moved. NO freakin joke. If it's that big a deal, then your hubby can find a friend to stay with, and you can move to where ever it is ya'll are moving to, and set up, get your kids in school. It may suck, but it's the end of the Army road for you, right?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• we dont have orders. ETS date and terminal leave are two different things lol. His Terminal Leave is in JUNE. ETS is Nov 1. 90 days is JUNE not August. April 1-30 is 30 days plus May 1-31 is another 31 days. That is 61 days. June 29th is 90 days exact. I already asked my husband why June and he said June is my terminal leave, i would get out of the army in June, still get paid. Um we are not spliting up. We are all moving together. I dont drive at all, hes driving everyone to sacramento. we dont have any friends there. we are moving to sacramento because that is where his Automotive tech school is. School starts August for him and kids school always start in Sept. we have never moved. we lived in germany right after he finished AIT. lived there for 2 years, moved to Fort lewis (off base since 2007) and now he is getting out of the army. We dont have the funds for me to live with my mom while he is in washignton state
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• in a friends house or barracks. we just cant do that. The point is He is supposed to get out in JUNE that is his terminal leave. im not here to argue about if im right or wrong or who is or not. This is about how nobody is explaining to him WHY he has TO WAIT UNTIL HIS UNIT DEPLOYS. HE ISNT deploying with them, he isnt even going to Yakima, WA for the stupid 2 week training because he is not on the list. they know he is not re enlisting, deploying and do know his ETS is coming up and he wants his damn paperwork and his ERB to change from Nov 1, 2011 to JUNE 2011. and nobody is telling HIM WHY. that is the ISSUE here. JAG is not going to do a damn thing. they always want you to go in person, we dont have time, i dont drive and its nobodies business why i dont drive. its a whole other post about it. There is no reason why he has to wait until his unit deploys just so some dude in the Retention office to fill out a paper work
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• June is the 6th month, November is the 11th month. How is June 90 days from Nov? 90 days from Nov 1 is
    Why are you counting April and May???? They are not between June and November!!!!!
    November, October, September, August; backdating from Nov1, you should be about August 1st to start terminal leave. There are 31 days in October, 30 in September and 31 in August. That is 92 days. His terminal leave should start ON August 4. That is 90 days backdated from Nov 1. Count back on your calender.
    He might get 10 days permissive TDY, which would put you into JULY. Still NOT June. 25 July would be when he could start with his permissive TDY, if he gets it. My husband has NEVER had a soldier get their orders as early as you guys are expecting to get yours.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Again, why the hell are you counting April and May in his 90 days if they are not between November and June, when you THINK his terminal leave should start?

By the way, you ARE talking to Army wives who's husbands have been in LONGER then 2004. That have dealt with soldiers PCSing, ETSing, re-enlisting, getting article 15's, you name it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011